[HECnet] TK50 issues

Lee Gleason lee.gleason at comcast.net
Sat May 17 21:49:49 PDT 2014

it's a good point - I just looked and it's not that different from water. But, I've seen fuel systems that ran on pure methanol corroded pretty quickly if they weren't cleaned out after a run. I guess the corrosion is enhanced in methanol by effects on the surface layer of metals like aluminum and magnesium, that depend on a surface layer to halt corrosion.

--
Lee K. Gleason N5ZMR
Control-G Consultants
lee.gleason at comcast.net