[DECtec] [HECnet] TK50 issues

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sat May 17 18:33:02 PDT 2014

On Sat, 17 May 2014, Johnny Billquist wrote:

Others have replied, but anyway.
Yes, you need to clean the TK50. Almost certain that is your problem.
And cleaning them is easy. Open the box, so that you can see the drive. There is a cover plate over the drive, fastened by four screws. Remove the cover plate and you'll see the head, the rollers, and the pickup hub.
Use iso-propanol and a swab, and just clean the head.
Reassemble, and you're done.

	Johnny

I got the one perfectly cleaned...but the motor appears to be failing at times and putting a cartridge in seals its fate.   If I start using it beyond the first foot or so I'd be fine...so long as I never want to REMOVE the cartridge.

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff