[HECnet] TK50 issues

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sun May 11 04:11:27 PDT 2014

Evening all,

Got a nice haul of equipment today...aside from the TK50 issues and the smoking VT340 everything seems to be okay!

However:

                                                                            CARTRIDGE PRESENT
                                                                            HEAD AT TRACK ZERO
                                                                            POSITIONED AT BOT
            TRK NUMBER                       00
                                                                            LOGICAL TRACK NUMBER = 0.
            PHYSICAL BLK#             0000
                                                                            PHYSICAL BLOCK NUMBER = 0.
            LOGICAL BLK#                   00
                                                                            LOGICAL BLOCK NUMBER = 0.
            TAPE POSITION         000EFB
                                                                            TAPE POSITION = 3835.
            DRIVE STATE                 035E
            RD/WRT STATE               1937
            OPERATION FLGS           0201
            CNTRLR STATUS                 0C
                                                                            DRIVE ERROR
            DRIVE ERR CODE               93
                                                                            AMPLITUDE ON HEAD 2 TOO LOW

and an error about it being unable to find calibration track 2 on the second drive lead me to believe the drives may be faulty.   The leader isn't broken and I've reattached it to the arm on the one where it had come off.

How would I do about cleaning one?   Are the drives bad and a cleaning wouldn't help?

(Yes, I tried multiple cartridges)

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff