[HECnet] Getting reconnected...

Fri May 2 15:43:14 PDT 2014

On May 2, 2014, at 9:31 AM, Brian Hechinger <wonko at 4amlunch.net> wrote:

Cory already covered ipv6 and cisco.

I've been thinking about setting Paul's python DECnet router up. I'll do that next week. I think it can do tunnel like things. Paul?

It does Multinet and GRE.   I discourage Multinet because it was designed by the clueless.   GRE works well.

DECnet/Python does not itself do any tunnels.   It will speak those protocols directly to the remote system.   If you have to deal with NAT, the NAT gateway may be able to do the appropriate address mapping.   If you need an actual tunnel, you   ll have to set that up separately; for example, you could use IPSec if you want to.

DECnet/Python is work in progress, but at this point it should be good enough to do basic routing for Ethernet as well as GRE.   It has SIMH 3.9 style data-only DMC emulation handling, but it doesn   t yet do the newer full DDCMP support; that   s on my to do list.

	paul