[HECnet] RSTS/E under simh

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Thu May 15 22:11:20 PDT 2014

El 15/05/2014, a les 5.15, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> va escriure:

The RZ25 didn't have the disk to copy the image I had ready.

Thankfully...it failed (apparently something went short as it being plugged in makes the VAX /fail to power on/) so I can use my 526M drive!

Hi Cory,

I'm perhaps a little bit late catching this train, but... what was the original problem you are trying to solve using this kind of hardware sorcery? Your first post mentioned something along you being unable to install RSTS/E under simh from tape... could you be more specific? I have a running RSTS/E installation which I built from an install tape, and perhaps I could help you to fix the initial problem which triggered all this disk size/connection/style thing...

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons
jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
HECnet: BITXOV::JGUILLAUMES