[HECnet] VAX CD images and hobbyist licensing

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Wed May 14 15:54:25 PDT 2014

Hello!
Well I've gone off into the deep end and last night (or early this
morning) I downloaded a batch of items from the people behind the
Charon-VAX thing.

Right now I'm downloading an AXP image from Ian's site and I'll know
in a few more minutes if it works. However what are the steps for
securing a license from HP to run things?

I'm more interested in trying to get VAX-VMS running rather then the
Alpha one. So would one of you know where the Hobbyist VMS project is
roosting these days? I'll also need to contact them for a license.

Sampsa if this works and I do manage to bring it up is your offer to
provide PPTP links between your arrangement and here still good? I'll
then be ready obtain an area number. Does someone maintain a
reasonably up to date list of areas indicating which ones are occupied
and which ones are not?
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com