[HECnet] Re: [DECtec] VCB02 issues

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Tue May 13 04:03:53 PDT 2014

Hello!
Dave what are these grouchy examples of technology that followed Cory home? The other two are obvious.

But the PDP-11/23 Plus seems to be an interesting critter. What's wrong with it Cory?
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 10:59 PM, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
On 05/12/2014 10:01 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
> Trying to test the est of the haul.   That means the VCB02 and VR290 at
> present. ;)
>
> Testing it ina   MicroVAX II...I'm not even to the point of VMS!   I've
> read it can be used as the console...but not in my case!   The diagnostic
> LEDs on the VCB02 board never change at all.   They all come on during
> power-on and never go off.   The same behaviour was exhibited by ny dead
> 11/23+ board.
>
> Any ideas of what I can check? It's got to be some really obvious error.
> It can't be plain dead!

   Don't sweat it too much.   I have lots of VCB02 board sets and can send
you whatever you end up needing.   Bear in mind that, on a KA630, it can
take quite awhile for anything to come up on the display.

   Here's the LED definitions for the VCB02:

During test:
111       state on power-up
001       power-up test in progress

After test:
000       no faults detected
001       VCB02 base module fault
010       first VCB02 4-plane module fault
011       second VCB02 4-plane module fault
100       not used
101       keyboard fault
110       mouse or tablet fault
111       catastrophic fault