[Simh] [HECnet] TOPS-20 V4.1 DECnet

simh at swabhawat.com simh at swabhawat.com
Sat May 3 01:26:08 PDT 2014

Actually the situation is somewhat more complex but is difficult to see
exactly as the OPR on the Pdp10 7.02 does not function, so NCP cannot be
used to define nodes and give status.
The phase-III thinks the following:

[DECnet network: local node SWBW08, 2 reachable nodes]
Name       Number   Line                       Cost       Hops       L.Links Delay
SWBW08   (58)       local                     0             0
              (44)       DMR-1-0                 1023       31

The Tops20 4.1 thinks:
Local DECNET node: SWBX05
Accessible DECNET nodes are:     SWBX04   SWBX05 and:

              Status as of 3-May-2014 02:07:01

              Line ID                 State                     Adjacent Node

              KDP_0_0                 On                           SWBX04
              KDP_0_1                 On
                  Function completed successfully

Node 44 is the Swbx04 with is connected to the phase III
So the phase-III thinks the Tops20 node is up, however the Tops20 node
thinks otherwise.
So somewhat more is functioning than directly meets the eye!

Regards,

Reindert