[Simh] [HECnet] TOPS-20 V4.1 DECnet

Fri May 2 18:29:49 PDT 2014

On May 2, 2014, at 12:59 PM, Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm <Mark at infocomm.com> wrote:

On Friday, May 02, 2014 at 7:36 AM, Paul Koning wrote:
...If you want a RSTS system to connect to your Phase III machine, you   ll want
to use a DMC (or DMR/DMP/DMV, they are all roughly interchangeable).   In a
sufficiently recent SIMH, the DMC emulation speaks real DDCMP so it should
talk with a software DDCMP implementation, such as one that uses a DUP.

The DUP has only been tested talking to the KDP and DMC/DMR on RSX.   If someone wants to try on RSTS I'd like to know if any issues are found.

I   ll see what I can do.   Since a DMC/DMR does DDCMP itself, it shouldn   t matter what OS is talking to it; if you get success with DECnet/RSX, I would expect it to work with DECnet/E as well.

Or, since it doesn   t know sync from async, it will probably talk to a software
DDCMP implementation that uses a terminal interface.

I believe that it should also talk to an OS based DDCMP implementation which uses Async ports.     If someone is willing to test this, I'll work on any kinks which may be found which might inhibit this.

I   m trying to make some progress on that (using RSTS V10.1).

	paul