[HECnet] Total Transfers

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri May 2 15:18:49 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-02 16:12, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
Johnny Billquist wrote:
Since there is no central point in the first place, the idea you seem to
be pursuing is meaningless. Besides, Update sits on unlimited traffic,
and with very high capacity links.

Ok.   It was just a thought.

Well, you can still do it. I don't mind. It's just that it don't really improve things on a grand scale. But it could be useful for local people near you, or with special requirements that you could fulfill.
But from a pure traffic load point of view, there are no problems today. But since the whole thing is distributed anyway, it also means that you certainly can also contribute to the distribution.

So don't take me wrong. I did not intend to discourage you from chipping in.