[HECnet] Total Transfers

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Fri May 2 14:50:16 PDT 2014

On Fri, 2 May 2014, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

Cory Smelosky wrote:
How much traffic does all of Hecnet generate for a typical month,
roughly? Is it more than a couple hundred gigabytes?
I'd expect it to be <100M if people aren't actively transferring files.
I supposed hellos could use far more bandwidth than I assume!

Well, I meant total, including transfers.

The reason why I ask is that I have a very large colo at a very good ISP that doesn't get much traffic...

Can I colo a VAX there shoved in a corner? ;)

Peace...   Sridhar

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff