[HECnet] TOPS-10/20 copyright status

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sat Nov 15 13:45:41 PST 2014

On Sat, 15 Nov 2014, Dave McGuire wrote:

Think of it this way.   Remember "wash boards"?   I don't know if you
have a different term for them in Sweden, but they are how we washed
clothes a century ago, before automated washing machines.   It's a rough
metal plate in a wooden frame that sticks out of a bucket of soapy
water, and you rub the clothes on it to flush out the dirt.   If the wash
board is patented, and someone still owns that patent, it's very
unlikely that anyone in the business world would consider that patent to
be worth anything, for the obvious reason.

I think the washboard would've gone the way of the Audion...the patent expired if it WAS patented.

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff
http://gimme-sympathy.org Projects