[HECnet] TOPS-10/20 copyright status

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Nov 15 12:47:41 PST 2014

On 2014-11-15 11:57, Ryan Blair wrote:
On 11/14/14 4:43 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:

What IS the current copyright status on TOPS-10/20?   Who owns it? I
assume it's still copyrighted I assume...and I doubt the current
copyright owner would bother to enforce their rights to it.

Just curious.

http://www.36bit.org/dec/license.html

Tim Shoppa's site seems to be under active maintenance, but I believe
another text copy of the license is there as well.

Yes. And that covers hobbyist use of TOPS-10/20. However, as to the other part of the question - what is the legal status and who owns it, the answer is that it is still under copyright.

And the owners are XKL, who bought it all from DEC. And they still use it as well.