[HECnet] Kermit for RSTS/E

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sat Nov 15 14:42:51 PST 2014

On Sat, 15 Nov 2014, Johnny Billquist wrote:

As for KERMIT - For what system? :-)
RSTS/E 10.1, 11/23+ 512K(bytes) of memory.

Yeah. Sorry. I should pay closer attention... On MIM, you have the latest KERMIT-11 that was generic for all OSes. But I know that someone (at the moment the name escapes me) wrote some further development that only worked on RT-11 and I think RSTS/E, which I do not have on MIM.
But check MIM::DU:[KERMIT]

I'll grab it and see if it works.   I do however need to find out why my cluster boot node keeps rebooting on DECnet/LAT accesses.   More reason to get the 4000 up I guess. ;)

As for accessing MIM, just enable outgoing proxy in NCP. Or else use
GUEST/GUEST.
I should probably definitely figure out ncp on RSTS/E

Somewhere in the back of my head is a brain cell saying that proxy access was not supported on RSTS/E... But RSTS/E is not my field of expertise. For now, just use GUEST/GUEST, and you should atleast have access.

Yup, that works...except on the VAX but it likely crashed shortly after attempted login.   Terminal powered back on.

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff
http://gimme-sympathy.org Projects