[HECnet] BA400 TOD chip location

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Mon Sep 22 04:31:13 PDT 2014

Hey all,

1). What are the switches for on the halt/run switch board in the BA400? Are they covered in the manual?
2). Is the TOD chip by chance on that board, or have I managed to disable it when the boot mode selector switch broke making it impossible to turn?

(I removed the halt/run switch board as HALT was permanently on and I do not know why.   I think the switch is shot.)

A busted TOD would certainly explain why VMS can't boot, why Ultrix machine checks...but not why NetBSD and OpenBSD boot fine.

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff