[HECnet] ULTRIX on VAX

Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm Mark at infocomm.com
Tue Sep 16 01:17:33 PDT 2014

On Monday, September 15, 2014 8:18 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
Evening,

I've been trying to netboot ULTRIX today and I have gotten nowhere.   Works
fine in SIMH!

The kernel output says my DELQA is in DEQNA-LOCK mode despite any
changes made to the switches...is this Ultrix behaviour or do I have 2 bum
DELQAs?

I wouldn't be too concerned about this detail, but if you want to worry about it, see if you can get a different output when running under SIMH.

FYI: This is Ultrix 4.0.   It appears to stop at printing what the time has been set
to.

I don't recall what the sequence of output produced at boot time is (maybe you capture that and tell us), but one thing to look at would be proper sequencing of the Qbus bus grants.   What type of chassis/backplane are you using and what devices are plugged into the bus and what slots are they in??

- Mark