[HECnet] Stupid question - relative time to make SUBMIT/AFTER= work after 3 hours

Fri Apr 3 07:00:34 PDT 2015

> On Apr 3, 2015, at 9:37 AM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:
>
> On 2015-04-02 00:40, Steve Davidson wrote:
>> Johnny,
>>
>> You should fix that. 😊
>
> Actually, Steve, you are right. I should.
> Right now, when I need such things, I use a helper program I've written, which do the date calculations, and gives me an absolute date, which I then use with submit.
>
> What are the syntax that would make sense?
> +<n>[hours|days] I guess. Anything else? You you specify after n days, would it be expected to run after midnight?

FWIW, the RSTS syntax is optional absolute time +/- relative hours and/or +/- relative minutes.  For example (from the help examples): "5:45PM+3HOURS-5MINUTES”  ("5:45PM+3H-5M” is also valid).

	paul