[HECnet] time-critical, need RSX sysgen help

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Apr 11 18:22:07 PDT 2015

  Hi folks.  I am trying to do a sysgen of RSX11M v4.6 on a PDP-11/34A
with two RL02s, from the RL distribution.  I'm trying to get a system
running before VCF-East, for which I'm loading my truck in two days.  I
also have a lot of other work to do for my exhibit, so the problems I'm
having with this sysgen are causing me heartburn.

  This is real hardware, not an emulator.

  It is stopping at seemingly random points, the most recent being
during RSXASM.  At least I'm pretty sure it had stopped at different
points the first two times I did it.

  I get 'Task "...MAC" terminated, T-bit trap or BPT execution' and a
register dump.

  This is going to tank a big part of my exhibit.  Can anyone help me
get past this?  I last did an RSX11M sysgen probably 25 years ago; I
don't consider myself to be well-versed in this anymore.

              Thanks,