[HECnet] time-critical, need RSX sysgen help

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Apr 11 18:32:27 PDT 2015

On 04/11/2015 09:29 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>>    It is stopping at seemingly random points, the most recent being
>> during RSXASM.  At least I'm pretty sure it had stopped at different
>> points the first two times I did it.
>>
>>    I get 'Task "...MAC" terminated, T-bit trap or BPT execution' and a
>> register dump.
>>
>>    This is going to tank a big part of my exhibit.  Can anyone help me
>> get past this?  I last did an RSX11M sysgen probably 25 years ago; I
>> don't consider myself to be well-versed in this anymore.
>
> That is not an obvious problem. I wonder if you have hardware problems?

  Hm.  It's possible.  It runs for a good long while, and it runs RT11
stably.

> The only other "obvious" thing would be memory. How much memory do you
> have in the system, and is something more running at the same time?

  I have 124KW.  Nothing else is running; I've just booted a clean set
of packs and started a sysgen.

  Do you really suspect hardware?  I have an XXDP pack that I can boot
up, but I am so short of time...even slogging through the XXDP
documentation will take half the night.