[HECnet] "illegal record size" in RSX?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Apr 14 08:37:38 PDT 2015

On 04/14/2015 11:28 AM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
>>  I don't know how to ask RSX for that...I used to be a heavy user of
>> RSX, but that was in the 80s; I seem to have forgotten nearly
>> everything. :-(
>>
>>  I have no problem with hitting the books; I'm generally pretty
>> self-sufficient in that regard, but I'm about to load these machines
>> onto a truck and take them to VCF, so I'm just short of time.  Things
>> have gotten a bit less stressful about that since some hardware (not the
>> 11/34) has started to behave, and now it looks like some of the machines
>> will be on HECnet during the show, so I'll be able to get some software
>> on them then.
>
> A presentation about HECnet!

  No, a presentation *involving* HECnet, to make it more interesting and
functional.  I would never do a presentation *about* HECnet without
Johnny's involvement/participation, and likely that of the rest of the
group as well.  The hardware I am showing off is owned by me...HECnet is
not.

> Demo 9.10!  Avoid 9.1, though - it reboots if I print now.

  I am demoing a PDP-11/24, a PDP-11/34, a PDP-11/44, a PDP-8/e, and a
VAX-8250.

  (it reboots...if you...print??)

Dave McGuire, AK4HZ/3