[HECnet] PDP-11 Pascal or Modula-2?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Apr 14 20:26:02 PDT 2015

On 04/14/2015 12:49 PM, Robert Armstrong wrote:
>> I have Modula-2 for RSX. Unfortunately no sources, and I think 3 files are missing... :-(
>
>   Three ... source files are missing?  Or three binaries?  Three sources might not be too bad.  Have you compared it to the VAX version?  The missing files are probably similar, and might not even be platform dependent.
>
>> The Swedish Pascal is on DECUS. You can find it at MIM::DU:[SWEPAS]
>
>   Thanks - copying it now.
>
>   Out of curiosity, what exactly is "Swedish" about it?

  I used Swedish Pascal quite a lot on my first PDP-11 ~30yrs ago.  It
was written by a Swedish gentleman, Seved Torstendahl I think (I may
have massacred the spelling of his name) and was actually a very nice
compiler to work with.  Now that I'm running RSX again, I hope to get
re-acquainted with it.  I wrote a nice BBS in Swedish Pascal on that
11/34 when I was a kid.