[HECnet] "illegal record size" in RSX?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Apr 15 10:46:35 PDT 2015

On 2015-04-15 19:39, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons wrote:

>> By the way, I hope you know that the BP2 V2.7 tape on trailing-edge is corrupt... The V2.5 tape is OK though.
>>

> IIRC it is necessary to hack a little bit the install command procedure of 2.5, since it invokes a small task builder which is not present in 4.6 M+.

Thanks for that reminder.
Yes, it probably uses STB, which is not the "small task builder", but
the "slow task builder". And, while being slow, it can also deal with
larger tasks.
The "small" task builder would be FTB, which is the "fast task builder",
which have a somewhat more limited capability, but works fine for most
normal tasks.

STB was dropped at some point, as the normal TKB started having the same
capacity. And in M+ V4.6 you also have HFT, which is the hyper fast task
builder. This one consumes much more memory, but have the same
capabilities as TKB, but is much faster.

For BP2 V2.5, it might be enough to just install TKB (or HFT) with the
task name of ...STB, and you'd be good. I haven't check if that is
enough, though. Depends on if the installation tries to do something
clever or not...