[HECnet] VCF East

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 18:37:50 PDT 2015

Hello!
Holy Mackerel. Steve, I was there, and saw that island of Dec in a
world of stuff. (Well one of many) . Which of the two were you again?
I met the fellow who goes by the handle of Vaxman, but I'm guessing
that you were the other fellow I spoke to who confirmed that
everything was working after a fashion.

I found the sequence of events concerning the terminal server as
interesting. In fact as Dave will confirm, the VLC was the one who
provided the boot sequence for the server.

Dave told me what was going on as shown on the terminal screen I sat
by, and then I said to one person, that it was complaining that it
need certain files to do that, and the two PDP-11s were telling to
"Fribble off! We don't have what you need." And I used an interesting
term, when I inadvertently used a not-so nice word, and it was "Pardon
my Andorian." where some of us would use, "Pardon my French.".

I was the one wearing the leather jacket, and a name tag as "Doctor
John Smith", and that I'd answer to "Doctor Who".

In fact I actually did have fun.

Cory as I said before, you missed a heck of a good time there.

Next year, we'll need to do it again, and I'll spend more time, and
perhaps contribute something to it.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com