[HECnet] JBEIL IS UP! (was Re: ULTRIX DECNET LMF?)

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Apr 23 19:32:19 PDT 2015

On 2015-04-24 04:05, Sampsa Laine wrote:
> OK, so any tips on making an ULTRIX box a tad more modern? The terminal definitions are all weird and the C compiler is from the 70s...
>
> Is there a nice set of BSD / GNU tools I can install on this? Or is this it?

Ha ha ha... We're talking Ultrix here. You'll be lucky to find software
that will even compile without you having to jump through all kind of
hoops...

You might want to start by replacing the whole syslog on that thing. We
used to run Ultrix at Update a number of years ago, and got most things
upgraded. It was a pain, and nowadays it will probably be an even
greater pain.