[HECnet] JBEIL IS UP! (was Re: ULTRIX DECNET LMF?)

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Fri Apr 24 15:15:28 PDT 2015

My 4.5 install is about to boot up for the first time right now (I had to hack the CD image with ed to get it to install from an RQ device since there's no SCSI support in SIMH) and I'll give you my first impressions.

Thing is, I quite liked Tru64 when I ran it on PersonalAlpha (I wouldn't waste an actual Alpha on UNIX, VMS only - I can run any number of UNIX-like OSes on normal hardware) but I wonder why they put binaries in /etc, I always thought that was a config directory, now the name makes sense: /etc = random stuff goes here since we don't have /sbin yet :P

sampsa