[HECnet] TOPS-10 KS10 Ethernet Monitor

Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm Mark at infocomm.com
Sun Apr 26 13:33:13 PDT 2015

On Sunday, April 26, 2015 at 1:15 PM, Robert Armstrong wrote:
> P.S.  Cory - I'd love to see a DECnet compatible TOPS10 that runs on simh, and
> the DEUNA seems like the only practical way to accomplish that.  The
> DUP/DMR emulation is interesting, but not that useful since you need yet
> another 11/780 simulation for it to talk to!

Well, with the KDP and DMC the distributed OS and DECnet can readily be configured to properly talk across the network.  Any use of the DEUNA, as Tim says, will need significant additional work certainly in the DECnet stack, and also potentially in the DEUNA driver.  Since this midnight project is not near the top of Tim's list anyone else is welcome to attempt it, but it will be a significant project.

- Mark