[HECnet] installing LPs on RSX

Mark Matlock mark at matlockfamily.com
Mon Apr 27 15:48:39 PDT 2015

Dave,
   If you are using the RSX11M+ V4.6 distribution tape, there is a copy of F77 (V5.4 I think) on it already. Look in [246,246]. Also, that tape has DECnet on it as well that works fine with Johnny's TCP/IP software.

   Unfortunately, the DECnet on that tape is for non routing nodes, so that complicates direct connection to HECnet. I have not found a RSX11M+ V4.6 routing DECNet distribution.

   You are right on BP2 V2.7 being corrupted. The V2.5 is good though. On the PDP-11 the latest one is corrupt but the earliest one is ok.

Mark