[HECnet] VMS question

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Aug 10 08:16:24 PDT 2015

On 2015-08-10 17:10, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> On 2015-08-10 17:03, Dave McGuire wrote:
>> On 08/10/2015 10:59 AM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>>> And Update used to have a DEC 7000 as well. It went in the dumpster many
>>> years ago now. :-(
>>
>>    Well THAT was dumb.  I hope someone got nicely beaten up for doing
>> that.
>
> If you only knew all the stuff that we've had to throw over the years.
> None of it lightly, but we just do not have enough room to save
> everything that we've collected over the years.
> It all saddens me, but at the same time, I can't see that we could have
> done anything differently. When choosing between what to keep and what
> to throw, a DEC 7000 is pretty low on the list. It's basically the first
> generation Alpha. There are way sexier Alphas to be found.

Maybe this is the time to also mention that Update also still have two
DECSYSTEM-2060 machines with peripherials around... We have a lot of
stuff, and it takes a lot of space...

And in general, we aim to keep all the stuff in good order and
functional. Not possible to do with some big stuff, but I think we're
better than most museums... :-)