[HECnet] VAXstation 4000/60 parameter RAM?

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 14:36:00 PDT 2015

On 27/08/2015 22:06, Gregg Levine wrote:
> Hello!
> Mark, Jordi is right, the original part number isn't made anymore,
> worse luck, but MAXIM does make a drop in replacement as he shown.
>
> They are designed to have a (approximately) five year life time, so
> when did you last use your rig? You're what, based in the UK? Farnell
> is your best bet there.

Gregg: It was last switched on about 9 months ago, before that it was
used once every few months. If the TOY clock has ever been replaced I'd
be surprised. Is there a way to test the battery voltage on the TOY
clock pins?

I can land a new one off eBay for 10GBP, I suspect Farnell will charge a
lot more but the resulting item will at least be guaranteed.

Brian: Yep, my Alpha PWS 500au takes a standard coin cell.

--

Mark @ DECtec.info
twitter.com/DECtecInfo