[HECnet] Testing if I'm still on the list

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Dec 11 05:58:42 PST 2015

On 2015-12-11 14:50, Sampsa Laine wrote:
> ..or has everyone gone silent?

It's been rather silent a while.

To make some noise, how about me telling that MAGICA:: (1.1) is back
online, hopefully permanent.
We've had to replace and fix bits of the hardware, but she seems rather
stable now.

Magica is a real PDP-11/70, and is also reachable as Magica.Update.UU.SE
(both http, ftp and telnet).

Some more details:
KB11-C with FP11-C FPP. 3.5M memory (one MK11 box). 4xRA73 disks.
1xRL02. DELUA. We should also have paper tape, and a TU81 hooked up to
her, but not at the moment. The machine also have three massbuses, but
nothing hooked up at the moment. When I have some time, I plan to at
least look at getting a TU77 functional, so that we can read both 800,
1600 and 6250 bpi tapes. But physical space will probably prevent us
from having a TU77 permanently online. Possible other things we could
add are massbus disks (we have RM02, RP06 and RP07 disks in storage),
RK06 or RK07 disks (we should at least have a controller, but I don't
think we have any drives), RK05 (I think we have all necessary pieces),
RX01 or RX02 (we might not have any working RX02 drives). One thought is
that we actually should be able to help people who had old DEC media to
transfer the data onto something else.