[HECnet] Maximum number of L2 routers?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Feb 28 17:54:48 PST 2015

On 2015-02-28 23:13, Clement T. Cole wrote:
I should have added when Stan and I wrote the original IP/TCP for VMS @ Tektronix did not have routing in it (nor mail support). We gave to CMU who enhanced it and I assume added routing.     DEC did not support an IP stack until much later - Johnny probably remembers when it became available. I had stopped having to hacking on VMS when I left Tektronix in '81.

I don't know, actually.

However, it should be pointed out that routing is not the same as bridging...

	Johnny

Sent from my iPad