[HECnet] Maximum number of L2 routers?

Clement T. Cole clemc at ccc.com
Sat Feb 28 14:09:23 PST 2015

Unix certainly could   bridge and route with 4.1a after Sam wrote the routed stuff which he will tell you was ripped off from a Xerox routing protocol.     My memory is hazy here.   I think he started that work with BBN stack which a couple of us ran on 4.1 before joy created sockets.     I have memories of debugging that with Eric cooper and Sam because they were in Evans and I ran the link in Cory in the CAD group at the time as one of our 3 780s was on both the Cory LAN and the other end of a link to Evans [3meg Ethernet not even 3com or interlan he in those days]. My memory is that the other end of that Evans link was the system KIM which was on the Evans internal LAN and the link between the buildings.

Sent from my iPad