[HECnet] Maximum number of L2 routers?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Feb 28 11:55:38 PST 2015

On 2015-02-28 20:51, Hans Vlems wrote:
64:-)?

You can definitely have more than one L2 router per area... :-)

I don't know for sure, as you probably    have guessed...
   There is an ncp executor parameter called maximum broadcast routers, default value 32 iirc.
Is there an architectural limit, depends on what you mean by ethernet segment. A 10base5 segment was limited to 200 nodes. 64 L2 routers might put a hefty broadcast load on it. On an extended ethernet LAN there is likely no technical limit.

Really? I have some vague memory of some limit of an ethernet segment, but I can't recall any details now. Why 200?

	Johnny

Verzonden vanaf mijn BlackBerry 10-smartphone.
    Origineel bericht