[HECnet] SC-40

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Feb 14 11:28:07 PST 2015

On 2015-02-14 20:10, Cory Smelosky wrote:
On Sat, 14 Feb 2015, Peter Lothberg wrote:

Put the Panda20 monitor on it ans se if it boots.=20
Getting that on there will be a bit of a challenge however.

The MRC's Panda distribution that runs under the KLH-10 emulator,
configure a tape drive to write to file. Make yourself a completek
boot/distribution tape. Write it to you SCSI tape drive, Johnny had a
program. Put the drive on the SC-40 and tell ot to boot from the tape.

Found the tape drive!

Johnny, which tool were you referring to? C by chance?   Only have a
SPARC for this.

Peter was referring to a bunch of tools that I wrote a *long* time ago, which allows me to copy files to/from physical tape drives under Unix.
They understand various tape image formats on disk, but it's easy to adopt to new variants as needed.

They are written in C, and are not complicated at all. I believe others have over the years written similar tools, so you should be able to find some somewhere.

Mine can be found at ftp://ftp.update.uu.se/pub/pdp11/tptools.tar. I hope they are in a somewhat understandable form. Documentation is close to non-existent, and they are not very forgiving to strange errors. :-)