[HECnet] SC-40

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Feb 12 09:43:58 PST 2015

On 2015-02-12 18:29, Dave McGuire wrote:
On 02/12/2015 12:23 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
Console TRANSMIT is fine...but RECEIVE is receiving gibberish from my
end...can't figure out why. ? works, every other symbol is either | } or
w or y.

Makes it a liiiiiittle hard to boot.

Sigh... I suspect the standard problems. Check your character length,
parity, stop bits...

Have people totally forgotten how to use a serial line???

    Please give Cory a bit more credit than that, man.   Seriously.   This
guy has gotten some truly outlandish systems up and running in no time
with almost no assistance.   He wrangles serial lines with the best of 'em.

Sorry. It's just that sometimes my patience runs thin. And the video just shows someone who is trying totally random things without giving me any impression he knows at all what he is doing.

I'm probably just expecting things at a level you don't see anymore.