[HECnet] SC-40

Fred fcoffey at misernet.net
Thu Feb 12 07:59:28 PST 2015

On Thu, 12 Feb 2015, Johnny Billquist wrote:

You haven't loaded a different message file? You can do that in VMS, and there is this classic april fools message file that I wouldn't be surprised if it holds that fish message...

To my knowledge, no - whatever ships with 8.3 is what is there, although I'm not sure how to tell.

However, at $previous_job where they ran OpenVMS in production and I had access to DCL, the DS15 ran 8.3 and that is where I originally discovered this easter egg.   I can't believe they would have had anything other than the standard message file.

Fred