[HECnet] Hard and soft links in VMS 8,3 AXP?

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Thu Jan 29 15:32:01 PST 2015

Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> writes:

Sorry, haven't read that, my bad - I did spend a good half hour googling =
symlinks on VMS before asking here though...

Anyway,=20

The source is DKA0:[SYS0.DECNET] which I would like to appear as =
DKA0:[SYS0.SYSCOMMON.APACHE.HTDOCS.DECNET]

OK... You said "the source" is   DKA0:[SYS0.DECNET]

Try:

$ SET FILE/ENTER=DKA0:[SYS0.SYSCOMMON.APACHE.HTDOCS]DECNET.DIR;1 DKA0:[SYS0]DECNET.DIR;1

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG