[HECnet] Hard and soft links in VMS 8,3 AXP?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Thu Jan 29 13:25:03 PST 2015

I've been looking everywhere for some help on how to create a link (symbolic or hardlink, I'm good with either) to a directory in another.

Basically, I have a bunch of files I want to share using both FAL and HTTP (Apache).

So let's say I have the source dir, DKA0:[FOOBAR]SOURCE.DIR and I want to make a link of that directory to APACHE$ROOT:[HTDOCS] so that APACHE$ROOT:[HTDOCS.SOURCE] and   DKA0:[FOOBAR.SOURCE] are the same thing?

Sampsa

PS: I'm obviously on an ODS-5 system.