[HECnet] Number of nodes online a bit low?

G. gerry77 at mail.com
Mon Jan 26 10:04:28 PST 2015

On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 12:27:49 -0500, John Wilson wrote:

I am much more nervous about the (to my view) really crappy and scary
plugs you use in the US. They actually have a fair chance of actually
exposing me to contact...

I can't argue with that.   They'd *never* be approved if they were invented
today, but we're used to being careful and people hate change.

Same danger here, until they made compulsory (25-30 years ago) to sell only
plugs with the first part of the prongs insulated, so that when there is
electricity flowing, the accidentally exposed part is not conductive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europlug#mediaviewer/File:Euro-Flachstecker_2.jpg

The nice thing is that it's backward compatible with ancient receptacles :)

G.