[HECnet] Number of nodes online a bit low?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Mon Jan 26 09:52:37 PST 2015

On 26 Jan 2015, at 19:49, Ian McLaughlin <ian at platinum.net> wrote:

This is why toasters and kettles suck in North America.   It takes forever to boil your water for a cup of tea and toast some bread.   We only get 15 amp peak (de-rated to 12 amp continuous) at 120v. That   s only 1440 watts.

I get 20A for the whole apartment for 20 hours per day, 10A from a filthy diesel generator for the other 4.

The state supply costs me about 15 bucks a month (flat fee, they don't meter here) and the generator costs me about 70..

Sampsa