[HECnet] Number of nodes online a bit low?

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Mon Jan 26 07:52:31 PST 2015

On Mon, 26 Jan 2015, G. wrote:

Indeed here in Italy nominal household voltage was 220 volts up until few years
ago, and it still is: just now I have a 219 volts reading at the outlet, and I
live downtown in a quite big northern city (i.e. not countryside).

In everyday speaking even electricians still refer to 3-phase 400 volt power as
"three eighty" (lit. tre ottanta) i.e. the old 380 volt nominal voltage. :)

I still see US technical documentation refer to mains as 110VAC...despite the fact it's been at least 115-117 for ... > 50 years. ;)

Nominally, it's still generally around 110 to 125.

Distribution in the US is a mix of many things, residential is normally standard though at least. ;)

Now...the code and breaker panels and outlets however...

HTH,
G.

P.S. I think that the UK may still be on 240/415 actual voltage even if they
adhere to the European standards about the unified 230/400 delivery.

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff