[HECnet] Number of nodes online a bit low?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Jan 25 11:10:32 PST 2015

On 2015-01-25 16:12, Sampsa Laine wrote:
So I ran a simple script that tried to get the executable characteristics of a node, for each node in the nodedb.

I was surprised to see that only 33 systems seemed to be online.

I thought there would've been more up.

Note that not all machines on HECnet speaks NICE... No Cisco boxes do, for example, even though they do talk DECnet and have node numbers.

But in general, yes, the list is much shorter than the registered nodes. Lots of people don't keep their machines up 24x7, and lots of people also are not always even online with any box.