[HECnet] VMS FTP server?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Wed Jan 7 19:47:54 PST 2015

On 8 Jan 2015, at 05:43, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

A different question is how to deal with binary file transfers to (for example) Unix systems. I have some different options there as well, but I haven't figured one out yet that does the right thing under all circumstances.

How about writing an archiver that produces a simple binary file as output but retains all the RSX specific stuff within the archive, sort of like ZIP's -V   option on VMS and then using something like Kermit over say Telnet to transfer those files around?

I'm sure there must be a Kermit port for RSX-11 out there somewhere..

sampsa