[HECnet] VMS FTP server?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Wed Jan 7 18:23:32 PST 2015

On 8 Jan 2015, at 04:03, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

Aha. Interesting output. That was sortof what I had a vague memory remembering it looking like. Now I need to decide if I want to do it similar.
Do people think file protection (for example) is useful to see? What about owner? I certainly have the information available, but I have not displayed it so far.

I would try to make it look as close to the *nix implementations, that way automated / GUI front-ends are more likely to work nicely with the server.

For example, I have a very nice GUI file transfer program called Transmit.app on OS X, but it REALLY gets confused when talking to VMS..

sampsa