[HECnet] Hecnet Peering/Python

Sat Jan 3 07:53:59 PST 2015

On Jan 3, 2015, at 3:02 AM, Hans Vlems <hvlems at zonnet.nl> wrote:

Paul,
the latest supported VMS versions for Python are 2.7.8 for Alpha and 2.7.9
for Itanium.
Which kind of kills the experiment, right? :(
Hans

Pretty much.   It would be possible to port the code back to that version, but it would be a fair amount of work and not something I   d be interested in.   I prefer Python 3 for new projects for a number of reasons; some of those affect pydecnet significantly.

I suppose you could see what   s involved in building Python 3.3 on VMS?   :-)

	paul