[HECnet] Hello

Clement T. Cole clemc at ccc.com
Fri Jul 17 18:35:57 PDT 2015

Welcome.  IMO the Best way is to get a copy of simh for your system as a good place to start.  The hard part is what system to start with: 11, 10 or Vax - I think will be easiest and then you have the secondary question of which OS to use.  What you are using for a host system may help your first step.  If you are coming from Mac OS X or Linux - starting with a Unix flavor might be a good first step a little easier.   If coming from Windows there are advantages to trying RSX VMS or Tops so you are not adding the Unix learning curve (although while all three of those a systems and Unix influenced winders - they will all have a learning curve I suspect).   It really depends what you want / your desires at this stage.

Good luck and have fun.
Clem
Sent from my iPad