[HECnet] Hello

Chris Kurowicki ckurowic at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 20:43:34 PDT 2015

I've read a bit about simh, the general opinion seems to be that that is
the place to start.

 I do have some space. Problem is I already have a decent setup of
machines, it's on my blog, but I have an 18U enclosure with a few things
mounted up, maybe 6U left over. I don't think that'll help with a miniVAX,
though. I've considered a VAXstation, there was a 3100 on E-bay for $80
that looked promising. For now I'm getting my LCII going again ("new" hard
drive the way. The darn thing failed immediately after I installed System
7.5.5 from a set of floppy's, go figure). I need to focus on one thing at a
time, but the VAX world definitely has my interest. I have a microVAX
handbook from '84 on the way to me from E-bay land to read over. Anyway, to
answer your question, I'm in Portland, OR. Recent(ish) transplant from
Michigan.

Oh, I didn't notice at first! Ian McLaughlin is the one who "sent me" here.
Thanks!

--
Christopher G. Kurowicki
M.S. Information Assurance