[HECnet] Hello

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Jul 18 12:27:56 PDT 2015

On 07/18/2015 03:16 PM, Chris Kurowicki wrote:
> I really appreciate helping me narrow down my search! I gave the local
> resale shop a ring and they had no idea what I meant by "Alpha", oh
> well. The search continues! Ebay is the only place I've found Alphas,
> but the prices are outrageous.

  Resale shops won't often get high-end enterprise gear like this, and
most of them wouldn't recognize it if they did.

  The prices you'll see on eBay are actually quite reasonable when you
compare them to what the hardware cost when it was new, and what vendors
are selling them for.  A lot of organizations are running these machines
and have to keep them functional.

  Your best bet is probably to find someone local to hook you up.  If
you weren't on the wrong coast, I'd have an Alpha or two with your name
on 'em!