[HECnet] Anyone have the OpenVMS 8.3 for Alpha SPL Q3 CY2008?

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Tue Jul 21 03:58:36 PDT 2015

Jim Carpenter <jim at deitygraveyard.com> writes:

>Does anyone here happen to have that SPL? I have it but my CD 5
>(AXPBINSEP085) has a scratch on the label side. I can only read about
>the first half.  (
>https://s3.amazonaws.com/jim02762/DEC/VMS/8.3/bad_SPL/AXPBINSEP085_short.img
>)
>
>Of course a newer SPL would work too. ;) I'd like to use OpenVMS 8.4
>but will I have problems using such an old SPL with it?

I'm certain I do.  Send me a private email about it, and I'll pull it out of
my archives and make an image of it for you.  I have to pickup my kid sister
at the airport today and deliver her to my mom's house, so I wouldn't be able
to do this until tomorrow.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker    VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG