No subject

Tue Mar 31 11:32:25 PDT 2015

to run OpenVMS X11 apps on my 17" MacBookPro OS X 10.5.8 after launching X
server on the Mac and setting security preferences to allow network clients.

$ SET DISPLAY/CREATE/NODE=192.168.2.100/TRANSPORT=TCPIP
$ MCR DECW$PUZZLE

You *may* need to set your X server security preference to NOT authenticate
the connection.   Restart X11 on your Mac if you disable authentication.

Doing an xhost + basically disables any authentication. But he is
tunneling X over SSH, which in itself might cause interesting effects
here. Not sure why he wants to do that, but anyway.

In that case, the questions I asked about architecture, VMS version and
TCPIP are even more import.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG